Thursday, June 23, 2016

Loyola Cover Letter

5/19/2016

Dear Candidate Review/To Whom it May Concern,

Having spoken to Porsha as to the realignment/reorganization of the Career Center under the executive office as well as the strategic planning to goals focused on business communicity connectivity and student outcomes, I am excited to present my application to ______.

As a non-traditional applicant, without the tenure in HR/academic fields, I took some time to do some of that Loyola discernment before submitting this letter of intent. As I write this now, I am confident that I bring the fresh perspective needed to effect the kind of change the dept has in mind, as well as a specific set of tools that I have developed throughout my experience as a financial operations professional that will prove advantageous and ultimately critical to success in the role and for the organization.

To begin, what my resume will not tell you, is that I entered the finance industry with only a cursory (into level) understanding of the financial markets. I was greener than green, but within 6 months I was at the top of my team in performance and was already reaping the promotion benefits of my appetite and dedication to learning the minutia and high level global implications of my role. My ability to quickly master a complex, highly technical, client service centric and often times ever changing process, speaks clearly to my ability to quickly and adeptly master the challenges of the career services space despite my lack of proximate/related experience.

I also feel that my familiarity as consumer, so to speak, of the career services office, as both a student and a professional recruiter, endows me with an intimate knowledge of the kinds of change needed to maximize student impact and improve hiring managers outcomes and retention rates. Further, in my responsibilities as a people manager and talent developer, I have developed a personal passion for nurturing the careers of my employees and mentees. Some of the most rewarding/fulfilling achievements in my professional career so far have been the successful connection of a talented new hire with a inspiring senior leader or watching as a staff member grows in skill and self-confidence, overcoming hardship and technical challenges, to flourish professionally and personally in the workplace, achieving promotion, confidence, and satisfaction. Throughout my education and professional career, I have been the fortunate beneficiary of a deep pool/wide array of generous mentors, who have given me a wealth of guidance and rich opportunities for growth and success. I feel it is my obligation to do all that I can to bestow the same opportunity and advantages to those who need them. In this role I would continue this mission to serve young professionals with those needs, whether it be because of their status as a student or their ethnicity, education level, or socio-economic situation.

Finally, through my prior work in sales and marketing for several prominent restaurant groups, my service on non-profit committees, my LGBT organization efforts, and professional relationship builder experience has equipped me with both outgoing, empathetic and compelling/persuasive personality and a diverse and strategic networking in the Baltimore business community and beyond. I believe these tools and talents are perfectly suited to the community connectivity that will be critical to the achieve the Career Center's strategic impact and success.

On a personal level, I am passionate about

No comments:

Post a Comment